What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord Tourer - Main Dealer Vehicle > 1 year old - Never Used - rfm943

I have been looking around for an Accord recently and have come across a vehicle registered in late 2011. When I spoke to the dealership they stated that the car had never been used and was now available at a considerably reduced price. I am very tempted to go ahead as I believe that they will be very keen to sell it after all this time, but I wondered if anyone knew whether this kind of thing was a common occurrence.

Funnily enough I found another similar Accord a few months ago but pushed my luck too far in trying to get a cut price deal and ended up missing it. I am just a bit concerned that there is something about the Accord that is putting off potential buyers.

Honda Accord Tourer - Main Dealer Vehicle > 1 year old - Never Used - Auristocrat

Its not just Honda. After I bought my current Auris new, I did a search for used Auris`s on the Toyota website to see how much my part exchanged Auris was being sold for. Came across approx 6 Auris`s for sale at Toyota dealers with delivery mileage, up to a year old and with the balance of the five year warranty.

Presumably they pre-register them to achieve sales targets and then never get round to selling them. It seems to me that it is a strange way to run a busines as you are falling further and further behind your targets as time goes on.

Honda Accord Tourer - Main Dealer Vehicle > 1 year old - Never Used - RT

As long as it's valued as a 1-year old car with 1 previous registered keeper then it'll be fine.

If they're valuing it as new with a bit of discount, just walk away that's far too much.

Honda Accord Tourer - Main Dealer Vehicle > 1 year old - Never Used - madf

You need a 30% discount for starters.

Honda Accord Tourer - Main Dealer Vehicle > 1 year old - Never Used - Collos25

It would have to be a top of the range Accord with sat nav second hand values are very much lower for basic models and hard to sell even at reasonable prices.

Thanks for comments. Yes I have managed to get a 35% discount against the list price.

Given that there are so few of them sold here in the UK I thought that they might have a bit of exclusivity value though.

Honda Accord Tourer - Main Dealer Vehicle > 1 year old - Never Used - Collos25

Look on autotrader and various media there are thousands of them.35% against the list price is not a particulaly good deal if it has not got the all important sat nav,