What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - harry55

Hello. With the frosty nights, I have had to demist my windscreen. Twice in a row there has been condensation running down my windscreen and drops of water from the sunroof. All windowns and sunroof closed. I am demisting using the A/C on full with windscreen vents. I think hot air - though it may initially blow cold. My carpets are not wet so I guess there is no leak. What is causing this OR am I demisting incorrectly? Thanks for any help or advice.

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - crockett55

Hi condensation on the inside of the vehicle is usually an indicator or excess moisture inside the vehicle for what ever reason. You say you are using the A/C to demist, do you mean you are using the Air Con to demist which is cold? Usually the heater with fan on full is used to demist. Its worth checking that on the dash is there is a switch which allows fresh air from outside or recirculating the air inside which you normally use when using the Air Conditioning. You need to demist with fresh air coming in otherwise using recirculating just recirculates the moisture inside which builds up from clothing, wet foot wear etc etc. I hope that helps

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - focussed

I am on my second Honda Civic since 2005. First one was the 7th generation 1.7 diesel current one is the 8th generation 2.2 diesel. Both have demonstrated exactly the same characteristics as you describe on your CRV -if anything the current one is worse.

Must be some kind of blind-spot in Honda's design of heating and ventilation.

Our other vehicle, a 2005 Mitsubishi L200 pickup does not mist up, no matter how wet the carpets get or how many people in wet clothes get into it and does not need aircon to clear the windows.

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - mark193

Hello

Why does JUST the front/side windows mist up?? Not the rear

Maybe just modern vehicles r too watertight/insulated? - just a thought !

Cheers

Mark193

PS Interesting final paragraph !!!!

PPS Have u found the longer the car is left the more the the windows steam up !

Your thoughts would be welcome

Thank You

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - dieselnut

Has the pollen filter been changed lately. If it's clogged up it will be restricting the flow of fresh air into the cabin & not getting rid of the build up of damp air.

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - focussed

Has the pollen filter been changed lately. If it's clogged up it will be restricting the flow of fresh air into the cabin & not getting rid of the build up of damp air.

My 8th generation Civic misted up the windows in cold weather from brand new-have renewed the pollen filter regularly-still does it.

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - MikeTorque

It's worth giving the windscreen a thorough clean with a glass cleaning agent. Condensation formation becomes heavier the more dirt there is on the glass surface.

Some vehicles are more prone to heavy condensation than others, as already pointed out, due to their design configuration.

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - 1litregolfeater

Check for any kind of water leak from outside, damp carpets may give it away. Also check under carpets.

Other than that, limit humidity-enhancing activities inside the car to the drier months!

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - Galad

Used to have the same problem with an Astra caused by wet pollen filter that I was inadvertently soaking whilst hosing the car down (bad design though). A nightmare especially at night when during heavy rain all the windows would mist up and had to open all 4 windows, often on a motorway with kids in car, to clear them. Never solved the problem and glad to get shot of the car.

Another thing to look for are leaves blocking the intake air vents - lift the bonnet to check.

Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - scorpion222
Just bought a new CR-V so catching up on correspondence. Haven't had it long enough to experience problems, but many years ago I bought a couple of Hondas (Accord and Prelude 4ws) from John Cooper (of CooperClimax and Mini fame). He advised me of the air conditioning to keep windows clear trick. You switch on air con with heater to max. The incoming air goes through the air con ( dehumidifies it) then the heater matrix which warms the (now dry) air.

I've used this on many cars since and it works. But check pollen filters and airways for leaves as suggested by others. Also check where the air con pipes run. I had another car (Volvo) with terrific air con but the pipes ran inside the dashboard. In humid conditions they condensed water on the pipes themselves and soaked the passenger footwell. Took ages to find the problem.
Honda Crv - Why is there condensation the inside of windscreen - mark193

Hello. With the frosty nights, I have had to demist my windscreen. Twice in a row there has been condensation running down my windscreen and drops of water from the sunroof. All windowns and sunroof closed. I am demisting using the A/C on full with windscreen vents. I think hot air - though it may initially blow cold. My carpets are not wet so I guess there is no leak. What is causing this OR am I demisting incorrectly? Thanks for any help or advice.

Most of the answers are quite correct but, I wouldn't think u could demist incorrectly !!

I've just learn' t to live with it in my heap - some things in life are just more important !