What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - nipplebleeder

Can anyone tell me how to get to the Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor on a Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate Zetec Climate TCDI and any information about checking/changing it.

Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - elekie&a/c doctor
The washer bottle is in the wing.You will need to remove the plastic wheel arch stone guard and possibly the wheel ,for access.If the light is on permanent,then it may be the magnetic float has stuck.hth
Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - nipplebleeder
The washer bottle is in the wing.You will need to remove the plastic wheel arch stone guard and possibly the wheel ,for access.If the light is on permanent,then it may be the magnetic float has stuck.hth

Hi elekie&a/c Many thanks for that information. Yes the light is permanently on. What does hth mean?nipplebleeder

What does hth mean?

Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - Dabooka

Hope that helps

Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - oldroverboy.

If the light is on, could be because it is sticking. mine did that, rinse out the bottle with a hosepipe pushed down into it, then add a good slug of bleach or patio cleaner, don't forget to rinse out , preferably after leaving overnight. the bleach will disolve the algae that have been growing in there. saved me a trip to the dealers and the cost of the part. (and 2 hours labour!)

Edited by oldroverboy. on 07/11/2012 at 15:03

ok.thanks

Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

A sensor for the washer bottle level??? Ha! I've heard it all now!

You may gather that my old heap does NOT have a washer bottle level sensor and I really didn't ever think that any manufacturer would ever bother to install one! I've got to say that if I had one and it went faulty I'd put a bit of tape over the light...

Ford Focus 2005 2 litre Diesel Estate - Windscreen Washer Fluid Level Sensor - TeeCee

Problem: Washer fluid needs topping up too frequently.

Solution: Fit enormous washer fluid tank.

Probelm #2: Enormous washer fluid tank runs out so infrequently that people stop bothering to check the level regularly.

Solution #2: Fit idiot light........

Who was the author of this message. He was absolutely correct & I would like to thank him.