What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Buying from hertz rent2buy - bigfaceuk

Have been looking for a 1 -2 year old Ford Focus for a few weeks, just discovered "Hertz rent2buy program" which was newly launched in the UK, it sounds a really good way to buy a ex rental car, anyone has experience with them ?

Buying from hertz rent2buy - tony g
The main and obvious advantage is that you get to try before you buy , at no additional cost if you decide to buy the car .

However if you are paying a premium over other similair cars ,that are available at local dealers its not such a good proposition .

Paticularly when you consider that hertz cars are often daily rental cars with many different drivers ,none of who would have treated the car well .

Buying from hertz rent2buy - gordonbennet

Doesn't sound like a bad plan, but something you should bear in mind with any ex renter from any company if you're looking for a Diesel.

Some daily rental Diesels get misfuelled by customers, don't know the figures though.

This is not peculiar to any one rental company and i don't know just how much damage can result if it happens...but you should be aware there is a risk involved, albeit a small one.

Buying from hertz rent2buy - daveyjp
When I bought Fords the Ford Direct cars were mainly ex rental. My Focus was ex Jersey rental and served me well for 50,000 miles.
Buying from hertz rent2buy - bigfaceuk

Thank you for all the replies, I totally understand the risks, but the problem is most of the 1 or 2 year old cars on market are ex rental cars, this program sounds like the least risky way to buy an ex rental car, I can send the car to a garage to have a health check, anyway, I think will give it a try.

Buying from hertz rent2buy - Avant

True, but there are some which have been owned by the manufacturer's UK office and run by their employees, and usually changed after 6-12 months. Those are worth looking for.

Buying from hertz rent2buy - Roly93

I dont know about lately, but when I have looked at Hertz and Avis directly in the past, they have been more expensive than buying from Trade Sales or Ford Direct, maybe this has changed ?