What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus 1.8td 2003 ghia - air sound from windscreen + more issues - mrperrect1976

just got car and am loving it, just a few things are bugging me

when going at speed 60+ the is a sound like air coming in from bottom of windscreen, is that normal or has a fan or somthing come on, it is a heated windsreen

my clutch biting point is quite high, also i cant really feel any biting point, that normal, theres no sign of slipping or anything, can i lower the point on the pedel as me old focus point was very low

my reverse light is always full of water, hows best to seal it up so it dont happen again

car i bought has been sitting for around 10 month so there is a lot of light rust under it, and even on the door where the inside looks are theres slight rust and what looks like moss, hows best to clear this all up

also my seatbelt light is always one, and my back side light dont wotk, have changed bulbs, the break element works but not the side light

have read this is for many years and it has given me some brilliant advice over the years so i for the first time im asking for some

ford focus 1.8td 2003 ghia - air sound from windscreen + more issues - mrperrect1976

also when starting she has one quick squick just as she starts, starts first time most days but on the odd time it needs 2 starts to get going

ford focus 1.8td 2003 ghia - air sound from windscreen + more issues - Bobbin Threadbare

just got car and am loving it, just a few things are bugging me

when going at speed 60+ the is a sound like air coming in from bottom of windscreen, is that normal or has a fan or somthing come on, it is a heated windsreen

my clutch biting point is quite high, also i cant really feel any biting point, that normal, theres no sign of slipping or anything, can i lower the point on the pedel as me old focus point was very low

my reverse light is always full of water, hows best to seal it up so it dont happen again

car i bought has been sitting for around 10 month so there is a lot of light rust under it, and even on the door where the inside looks are theres slight rust and what looks like moss, hows best to clear this all up

also my seatbelt light is always one, and my back side light dont wotk, have changed bulbs, the break element works but not the side light

have read this is for many years and it has given me some brilliant advice over the years so i for the first time im asking for some

I'm not sure about your air noise - check all your vents and you could ask a passenger to have a feel about, but it's probably the standard air intake sounds.

I think biting point is something that just has to be 'felt' for when you get a new car. My old Focus (52 plate) had a low biting point but I have driven a Fiesta with a very high biting point.

The reverse light - ah, that takes me back to my Focus! I could never stop water ingress into my fog light! You can buy a butyl based tape or some sort of sealant goo for that.

The rust underneath can be cleaned up if it's not too bad and there is a Hammerite under-body sealant you can get to paint on to prevent that happening. The mould in the doors etc can be scrubbed off and you can stop it coming back using a special cleaner, although white vinegar would also get rid of it (but don't put too much of that on rubber bits).

The dodgy lights sounds like a connection issue if you've investigated the bulbs. That's something you need to look in your manual for but it's not too hard to trace wiring in a Focus.