Mazda 6 - Coolant & brake fluid change - Kostic

Hi,

I wonder why some garages (independent, not main dealers) quote something like £45-65 for brake fluid change, £60-80 for coolant change where some others just add around £10-20 or so for both?

The one that came with recommendations quoted £87 (inc vat) for coolant change and when I questioned the price they said this was because they do a proper flush etc.

Am I missing something?

Need to do a service and called around various places, got prices ranging from around £150 to £350 (again, not from main dealers).

Kostic

Mazda 6 - Coolant & brake fluid change - grimep

Garages charge whatever they think people will pay. £60 to plug an OBDII reader into a diagnostic socket, or to spend 15 seconds looking up a radio code for you on the computer seem far worse rip offs to me.

Mazda 6 - Coolant & brake fluid change - madf

Some garages quote a high price as they either don't want to do the work or they are not familiar with teh car or there are difficulties (such as bleeding the air.. CPSA cars - 106/Saxo - used to be like that)

Mazda 6 - Coolant & brake fluid change - Bobbin Threadbare

My M-i-L has her Golf serviced at VW and they asked her for £69 to look at a dodgy boot catch. She did tell them to stuff it.

My M-i-L has her Golf serviced at VW and they asked her for £69 to look at a dodgy boot catch. She did tell them to stuff it.

I have no idea why this posted three times. Sorry!

Mazda 6 - Coolant & brake fluid change - voy2age
i just drain a bit off (coolant) ever now and again and add neat or 50 50 mix, over the years it keeps it fresh, as for the brake fluid just bleed a bit from each nipple (like putting the word down..sorry :-) and add fresh stuff.. just a thought..
Mazda 6 - Coolant & brake fluid change - voy2age
i just drain a bit off (coolant) ever now and again and add neat or 50 50 mix, over the years it keeps it fresh, as for the brake fluid just bleed a bit from each nipple (like putting the word down..sorry :-) and add fresh stuff.. just a thought..

the cost run into a few pounds per year