What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Transit - No Insurance, but yes there was. - lindylou12

Earlier in the year my husband was driving his vanand he had a small amount of scrap metal from the garden in the back. He was on his way to the tip when he was stopped by the police for a "routine check". He had TPFT insurance on the van with More Than.

The police basically said that the van was uninsured to carry scrap metal in the back and sieized the vehicle. He then went to police station to show documents and the desk person said oh there is insurance on the van already, we explained that the other officer said about it not covering the transportation of scrap metal. We then had to get some new insurance which stated on the policy that he could carry scrap metal and it also says on the new policy that it was for social, domestic and pleasure etc.

What i need to know is can he be done for No insurance and 6 points on licence even if insurance was in place. The summons he received says they are charging him for no insurance in a third party capacity,which he did have.

Thanks for any advice....

Ford Transit - No Insurance, but yes there was. - RT

Social, domestic and pleasure must include transport of domestic scrap materials to the local tip - get proper legal advice and fight it all the way.

Ford Transit - No Insurance, but yes there was. - Dwight Van Driver

What were the conditions of use on the old certificate he had?

So presumeable he was also given a FPN for no Insurance or Court case?

If so then I would consider contacting the Insurance Co issuing the first Insurance and asking them if they would supply a letter stating that in relation to the trip to the tip that they held themselves on cover. If they supply this then this can be produced at Court and ther case thrown out. It can also be used to claim any fees paid to recover vehicle from Police pound.

dvd