What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C4 2007 1.6 diesel or honda civic? - hallington

I'm still waiting on various dealers to come back to me, 1 has a Honda civic auto 1.6 2003 with 79000 on the clock, he's making sure there is some service history, it's been company used and 1 lady owner and it will be around £2800. Do you think roughly that's an ok price for a 9 year old car?Whilst waiting my car was a citroen and I've just seen a citroen c4 automatic 1.6 2007 with 120000 but it's diesel and has amazing fuel rates, it's around £3200. Any experience with the c4's? Thanks :)

Did I ask a really weird question, as 91 viewed but no one had any thoughts?

Citroen C4 2007 1.6 diesel or honda civic? - focussed

Ok- here's my honest opinion:-

I think that a Citroen with 120,000 miles on it is best avoided, out of the two cars the Civic would be the best buy. I had a 2003 civic 1.7 diesel manual and apart from minor faults was fine. It felt like it was hewn from solid steel, not a squeak or a rattle, really quality feel to the car. Check that the electric windows work properly and that there has not been any water leakage into the hatchback lid and that the power steering works ok without any fault lights coming up on the panel.Having said that, the Honda is going to cost more to put fuel into it, they are not renowned for being particularly economical especially with an auto box.

Citroen C4 2007 1.6 diesel or honda civic? - Avant

I agree: the Honda may cost more in fuel but it'll cost less in repairs. There may be other Civics about, although probably not many automatics: have a look on Autotrader, or maybe you've been there already!

Thanks both, I've since read that the C4 prior to 2009 had 10 different recall faults so not a good car. On auto trader I have found several auto civics but they all need their cambelt doing really soon, which when you are spending £3500 -£3800 for a 9 year old car to me seems a lot of money, because aren't they only 16k new? But a local guy has got one coming in just under the £3000, so thank you for those specific issues to look out on on a honda civic. I know I'm asking a lot of questions on the forum, but I will be going into debt for the first time in 4 years to buy another car and I don't want to make a mistake :(