What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.6LXTDCI - Location of DPF Tank on 55 Plate Focus - 3puddings

I am about to refil the DPF fluid on my ford focus myself, I'll worry about resetting the ECU later. I have searched extensively on T'internet for some photos showing the exact location of the tank and the exact position of the pipes I need to disconect and reconnect, as this would help with the pre planning phase of this work.

Does anyone on this forum have any photos they are willing to share for the good of us all

Ford Focus 1.6LXTDCI - Location of DPF Tank on 55 Plate Focus - Chris M

According to Haynes it's under the rear seat. Remove side trim, lift carpet, two bolts. Job done. Apart from reseting the ECU, which it says is a trip to Fraud. No pictures in Haynes, but it doesn't sound like any are needed.

Thanks for that any word on which side it is, when I do it I will post the pictures on t'internet for all to see so that humanity can benefit from my experiences. My Brother ion law is a Renault Mechanic and he may be able to get someone from a ford garage to do him a favour. Photos are always good though

Ford Focus 1.6LXTDCI - Location of DPF Tank on 55 Plate Focus - elekie&a/c doctor

The dpf tank sits under the car ,just by the rear axle beam .There is no access from under the back seat.You will need the special pipe adapter to transfer the fluid from the bottle to the tank.It is a gravity feed operation.Takes approx 2.5 litres.hth

Ford Focus 1.6LXTDCI - Location of DPF Tank on 55 Plate Focus - Chris M

Sorry Pudd. I was quoting froma CMax Haynes and wrongly assumed it would share the layout.

Is there anyone that has any photos of this just to get me started

I have found a cheap looking manky plastic tank on top of the axle beam with some creosote like deposits on it I am ussuming this is the offending article

Ford Focus 1.6LXTDCI - Location of DPF Tank on 55 Plate Focus - elekie&a/c doctor

That's the one.The flexi pipe at the top is the filler and the stubby pipe half way down is the overflow pipe.hth

Ford Focus 1.6LXTDCI - Location of DPF Tank on 55 Plate Focus - Syyed

Dear puddings

I am also stuck in similar problem want to ask if you manage to top-up dpf. if you have some information experience to locate the fluide tank and how to top-up in 55 plate.

If you have photos will be grateful.

Thanks

Regards