What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - teddybear2

I had a 2004 2.0 Petrol C5 that was Totalled by a Ford transit. Rear bumper tailgaate support beam etc. 1 garage written of. Waiting for Direct Line to pick it up but dont really want it back me thinks.

What should i replace with ?

Only do about 10K a year with 16 Mile return commute travel to gym etc. Do go to France and Scotland sometimes camping so need comfortabe relaxed cruiser.

Dont think Diesel worth it.

Tempting for another cheap C5 or go go the whole hog and spend 11K on avensis but the electric parking brake bothers me

Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - daveyK_UK

Kia Magentis 2.0 petrol. Same car in the USA on a 2006 plate goes for 6 times the price.

Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - 2.0Tsi
Skoda Superb 1.8 Tsi

Big comfortable and the right balance of performance/economy.
Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - Avant

I'd go for the Superb too - and it has a proper handbrake.

Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - gordonbennet

Agree with the above poster about looking at some of the less 'fashionable' cars from the far east, Magentis and Sonata, or the rare and excellent Toyota Camry.

Sonata available as a competent 2 litre Diesel without a DPF several years ago, don't appear any more expensive to buy than their petrol equivalents.

Spending more for the Avensis?, well it is IMO an excellent, underratedcar and realiteively rare car, i'm disappointed Toyota saw fit to put the devils own handbrake on it, but if i had to have a car so equipped then i'd be more inclined to trust the long term durability of the trusted Japanese makers version over any other.

Edited by gordonbennet on 07/05/2012 at 09:15

Must admit think it will be a cheap C5 Hatchback. Or spending the 12K on the Avensis. Numerous Avensis going for 12K with 10,000 on the clock. 1.8 Valematic petrol which appears good balance of power adn economy.

Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - Bobbin Threadbare

What about a Honda Accord, if the Avensis appeals (aside from the handbrake)?

Citroen C5 - Replace a crashed C5 Petrol with what - Collos25
Why not another C5.

C5 was getting a bit rattly affter 80K so wonder if worth getting another. Would be a cheap option. We had a toyota starlet a few years back and although small nothing ever went wrong. Are Modern Toyotas as Good.

C5 Petrol newer one not on the cards as need the estate.

So really only option on the C5 is a later MKII. Any comments on that one ? Is it much better than the MK I?

What would steel spring be like after hyodractive for the last 4 years ?