fiesta zetec s tdci - 1.6 tdci runs lumpy - timbo23

hi ive got a 56 plate zetec s tdci on start up first thing it runs lumpy and smokes a lil but after few seconds clears itself any ideas would be great thanks

fiesta zetec s tdci - 1.6 tdci runs lumpy - tony g
Hi ,first try injector cleaner ,just add to diesel fuel ,morrisons supermarket do the cheapest ,branded as redex ,they charge just £3.50 .

The treatment gives smoother running and usually cleans the EGR valve .

If that doesn't work try changing the glow plugs ,they cost about £10 each and are a simple DIY job .that will improve cold starting .

Regards

Tony g
fiesta zetec s tdci - 1.6 tdci runs lumpy - Chris79

I'll second Tony G's advice. I saw one of his previous threads and have added some to the Corsa and it has actually made a noticable difference.

The Redex in question is presently on offer in Tescos for 2.50 if my memory serves me correctly

fiesta zetec s tdci - 1.6 tdci runs lumpy - concrete

Hello timbo23, you might also try using a high grade fuel such as Shell V Power or BP Ultimate and run that for a week or so. Then afterwards always use a decent quality fuel such as Shell or BP 'normal' diesel. Of the 200 litres or so of Shell diesel I use per month I put in 45 litres of Shell V Power. I believe it keeps things clean and helps smooth running. I also get 50mpg+ from my Skoda Superb. My daughter had a Golf a while ago that started to feel 'lumpy'. She had a 50 mile daily commute so it was getting used properly. Turns out she was buying supermarket fuel at the cheapest place in the area. I filled it with Shell V Power, she ran it all week and it came back to life. She then continued with normal Shell diesel for years with no repeat of the problem. Good luck. Concrete