What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - drive on bye

we have an 06 and a 59 plate couple of aygo's,both are used at least 6 days a week;both when they got to 20k failed their mot's due to severe corrosion of their discs and resulting imbalance of the brakes- I have always run fords before usually taking them up to 70k before new discs were needed is this the price you pay for economical cars!

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - daveyjp
Ours were changed at the last service, 16k miles, but it is five years old. Car passed MOT, but discs were heavily corroded due to lack of use. £120 for parts and fitting hardly broke the bank.
Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - BenG

Discs can be skimmed to restore the braking surface provided they are not too heavily worn. Some places can do this with the discs in situ on the car. Might prove cheaper than new discs and pads all round.

Before the next MOT perhaps it would be a good idea to take the car out and do some heavy braking from high speeds to clean up the discs a bit.

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - unthrottled

Drop into neutral. You'll use the brakes a lot more and they'll stay hot and clean.

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - sb10

are you sure you dont mean the none braking section of discs ie outside edge and inner hub area of disc as theres been a lot of disc failures with mot by a national co

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - ChannelZ

we have an 06 and a 59 plate couple of aygo's,both are used at least 6 days a week;both when they got to 20k failed their mot's due to severe corrosion of their discs and resulting imbalance of the brakes- I have always run fords before usually taking them up to 70k before new discs were needed is this the price you pay for economical cars!

Really? I assume you haven't run a Ford recently, because like every other manufacturer, discs need changed the same time as pads. Pads now use more metal, so the disc and pad wear at the same rate. Been the same on most cars for the last 5-10 years.

I've got 71k on my Mondeo, and it's about to get it's THIRD set of front discs, and the rears are corroding and will need done before MOT in January. That'll be the third set on the back.

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - Collos25

Front discs for a Aygo can be bought for 16ukp a pair.

My DB w211 has just had its first new front discs at 79k its on its third set of pads a colleague with a Volvo V70 is on its original discs at 85k and seem good for many more miles.I am sure its how they are used that determines the life span and not the mileage.

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - laldog

At 16 pound per pair you cant expect them to last either!!!! Replace using good quality only and they will last a lot longer if everything is working as should,ie calipers and sliders. Problem will be is they do not get stripped and cleaned when the car is in for servicing due to 99 pound service offers.

Toyota Aygo - brakes discs - sb10

Depends on what you mean by last,ie rust or brake use,some failures are for rusty discs nothing to do with actual braking area of disc,also services as we all know are not done as they were 40 years ago,which is also becoming harder to recomend garages now