Mercedes-Benz - Valeo Radiators - Stephen H

Both my wife & I have automatic 2003/2004 Mercedes C & SL class respectively - having recently read about the problems of leakage between the coolant and transmission fluid parts of Valeo radiators I am anxious to know if our radiators are made by Valeo.

But when I look at the radiators I can see very little of them, because of a cover over the top and a big cooling fan at the back.

Is there a simple way of identifying if they are Valeo units?

thanks

Steve

Mercedes-Benz - Valeo Radiators - Falkirk Bairn

The problems are not with the radiator with "the big fan" - it is the cooling of the auto gearbox........the Valeos leak and the auto gearbox is knackered.

Mercedes-Benz - Valeo Radiators - barney100

you can ask the Merc owners club who have all the knowledge you can ever want. It has sections for all models, gets you a discount on most things merc and offers endless free advice, well worh joining.

Mercedes-Benz - Valeo Radiators - Collos25

In some models the gearbox cooler is embedded into the main radiator (the one with the big fan)in others it is a seperate radiator mounted just in front of the main radiator.If you lift up the bonnet look down at the radiator if you can see a small radiator infront of the main radiator you have no worries if you cannot see one then you have to investigate further.Ask on one of the MB forums they will soon tell you.

Mercedes-Benz - Valeo Radiators - Happy Blue!

This problem arose several years ago. I would have thought that even if these cars had Valeo rads, if the problem has not appeared now it is not going to.

Mercedes-Benz - Valeo Radiators - Collos25

The problems are not with the radiator with "the big fan" - it is the cooling of the auto gearbox........the Valeos leak and the auto gearbox is knackered.

I believe that is infact the problem the gearbox cooler is mounted in the main radiator and gets contaminated with engine coolant when it malfunctions.