What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
HONDA CRV - SERVICE BOOKS - HONDAGIRL

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A TOP OF THE RANGE HONDA CRV (2011 MODEL)

I WAS ASSURED BY THE DEALERSHIP (ARNOLD CLARK) THAT MY CRV HAD BEEN SERVICED. I DISCOVERED WHEN I GOT HOME THAT I HAD BEEN GIVEN 2 SERVICE

BOOKS AND THAT NEITHER HAD BEEN MARKED UP! SO WHY WAS MY BOOK NOT MARKED UP AND WHY WAS I GIVEN 2 IDENTICAL SERVICE BOOKS! AND WHY

WAS THERE NO RECORD MARKED IN EITHER MY BOOK(S)

HONDA CRV - SERVICE BOOKS - the_bandit

It's possible that Honda only store service history on computers (like MB and BMW do) but why didn't you check before you paid for car??

Also drop the CAPS LOCK !!

HONDA CRV - SERVICE BOOKS - ksj

Go back to the dealership and ask. Honda dealers do put service history on a database but I know from experience that this isn't always reliable - I was told by one dealer that my car hadn't been serviced for 2 years, when it had been serviced a few months before and my dealer had recorded that on the database...

HONDA CRV - SERVICE BOOKS - andyfr

I'm not surprised now I see which dealership you got it from. We had a really bad experience with that group when buying a brand new car and will never deal with them again. I can't go into specifics due to the policy on the forum.

Regarding your problem, you should go back and express your concerns and ask that the service book is stamped with the correct details which they should have on their system.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out.

HONDA CRV - SERVICE BOOKS - focussed

I recommend that you call customer service at Honda UK and advise them of your experience and concerns. I think that they will be very interested to hear about it.

Honda Uk take a dim view of this sort of slapdash behaviour by their dealers.