What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2004 Nissan Micra K12 1.2 - Nissan Micra K12 Issue - Eco-Dubs

Hello all,

I have a rather confusing fault with a Micra.. The ECU went pop recently and after having it reconditioned the car drove fine for about 5 miles before the engine light came on and it went into limp home mode. Since then I've replaced the throttle pedal (fly-by-wire) and throttle body, re-synced them up but still to no avail! - It just won't rev past about 2.5-3k. The fan also seems to have stopped working for some reason!

The fault codes it throws up are;

P1122 Accelerator Close Position Switch

P1126 ETC Motor Power - Throttle Motor Relay Open Circuit

All wiring *looks* fine, all earths have been cleaned, I'm a little stumped! Any help/ideas greatly appreciated!!

Max.

2004 Nissan Micra K12 1.2 - Nissan Micra K12 Issue - alexjscott

Hey,

Just wondering it you ever found the source of the problem as i am having the exact same problem with my 2004 1.2.

Took it to a garage and was told the injectors were blocked so had them cleaned but the problem remains.

2004 Nissan Micra K12 1.2 - Nissan Micra K12 Issue - steady.eddie

Hi, has this problem been solved? my daughter has the same fault. Thanks Ed.

2004 Nissan Micra K12 1.2 - Nissan Micra K12 Issue - Collos25

I would check that the timing chain is ok a stretched or worn chain could throw up the faults described and it seems like a common fault on these engines.