What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - Tomgus

Hello everyone

Tearing out what little hair I have left.

A battery failure means the code has to be keyed in on the 2050 radio. The keycode I have with the documents is 4333, and the serial number is M008764.

Procedure is this: turn on radio, "Code" appears no flashing placeholders, I press first preset key flashing 0 appears, press it again a second flashing 0 appears, but first stops flashing press it two more times, end up with three non-flashing 0s and one flashing zero, press fifth preset (I think) and Wait comes up.

No problems with the radio before battery change.

If no-one can help, thanks for a great site anyway

Tommy

Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - acornarms
Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - elekie&a/c doctor

Your code is correct.Remove the detachable security panel(pre-sets 2-5) and clean the contacts on the radio and panel .Then re-try to enter code.hth

Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - Tomgus

ISwitch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct Digit
If the correct code number is now shown

I found this solution on another site and it works. I was given the wrong audio system handbook when I bought the car, either that or this handbook is just a catch-all for all Ka radio sytems. The algorithm for setting the code as above is totally different from the instructions in the handbook.

I am so grateful to any of you who have spent any time on this. The upside is discovering a good site.

Happy hunting

Tommy

Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - Patrick Brosnan

Hi Tommy,

Just made use of your tip on Ford Ka radio code yesterday when a Ford Dealer had told us that the redio was defective. After replacing the battery we found that we did not have the code and had to pay £15 to the Ford Dealer for finding and activating the code for the radio. Only they hit the same problem you did and announced that it was due to the radio being defective. The guy even said he had stipped out the radio and found a cable was not connected.

I thought it was unlikely that the radio was defective so when we left, £15 lighter, I looked on the Internet and was fortunate enough to find your words. I took the time to register with HonestJohn so I could say thanks for taking the time to do that. The radio burst into life and my wife was very happy.

Regards

Patrick

Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - JanetBray

Hi Tommy - THANK YOU! I have been without my radio for seven months as locked when battery died. Ford dealers stated faulty radio but I knew it wasnt. Just tried your solution and, Hey Presto! - immediate radio!

Regards

Jan x

Edited by JanetBray on 23/07/2015 at 15:01

Ford Ka - Can't key in Keycode for KA 2050 radio cassette - thatzit

Thanks Tommy, My daughter left her lights on resulting in a flat battery and needed to enter the keycode.

She had the key code and manual. Followed the instructions. No joy radio behaved as your fist post.

Came to me in a panic after reading you are only allowed 10 attempts.

Follwed your tip.

One happy daughter.

Thatzit.