Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - Trilogy

I think all MPVs should have sliding rear doors. Why? I think access could be easier, but more importantly MPV doors tend to be opened by children, who are unaware that just flinging it open will result in a ding in the next car's flank.

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - unthrottled

Wonder how much a replacement door comes in at?

Probably cheaper to teach the kids not to fling doors open. Or apply the child locks. Or just put a rubber strip at the doors' widest points.

Sliding doors can be heavy and awkward to operate if the vehicle is facing uphill. They're not without merit, but the conventional hinged door didn't come to supremacy by accident.

Edited by unthrottled on 10/02/2012 at 17:07

Wonder how much a replacement door comes in at?

Probably cheaper to teach the kids not to fling doors open. Or apply the child locks. Or just put a rubber strip at the doors' widest points.

Sliding doors can be heavy and awkward to operate if the vehicle is facing uphill. They're not without merit, but the conventional hinged door didn't come to supremacy by accident.

I nearly mentioned your second paragraph in my post. Actually, best not to take children in any vehicle without sliding doors! :)

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - Bobbin Threadbare

Probably cheaper to teach the kids not to fling doors open.

Yep. Children are trainable, so I've been led to believe. I used to get b******ed as a child if I slammed or flung the doors of my parents' car!

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - Auristocrat

There isn't much that is truly innovative in todays car designs. The Meriva and the B-Max both feature the absence of the B pillar between the front and rear passenger compartments. Differences - the Meriva has suicide style rear doors, and the B-Max sliding rear doors.

I believe the first generation Nissan Priarie introduced in 1982, was the first to feature this type of body - allowing very easy access to both the front and the rear compartments. It also had rear sliding doors.

There isn't much that is truly innovative in todays car designs. The Meriva and the B-Max both feature the absence of the B pillar between the front and rear passenger compartments. Differences - the Meriva has suicide style rear doors, and the B-Max sliding rear doors.

I believe the first generation Nissan Priarie introduced in 1982, was the first to feature this type of body - allowing very easy access to both the front and the rear compartments. It also had rear sliding doors.

The first Praire was the Austin Maxi of MPVs. I good idea but not particularly attractive.

Children are only trainable, if they are trained.

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - SteveLee

Children shouldn't be flinging car doors open, the childlocks should prevent egress until such a time the responsible adult(s) allow it.

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - jamie745

Just keep the child locks on. If thats not possible then wrap the little b******s up and put them in the boot.

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - jc2

Sliding doors are unlikely to bang into other cars but they encourage passengers(of all ages) to jump out-into the path of overtaking cars!

Theres only two types of people who force a vehicle driver to use childlocks.

Children and criminals.

Read into that what you will.

'Sliding doors are unlikely to bang into other cars but they encourage passengers(of all ages) to jump out-into the path of overtaking cars!'

That's very common in supermarket parking spaces! :)

Gullwings are brilliant for hitting traffic wardens in the face when they werent expecting it.

Ford B-MAX - The future of MPVs - Bilboman

There is just one more possibility, but I don't think it will ever catch on! Not in countries where it often rains.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtkoje4-eM