What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C3 - Need Advice re Insurance Co.'s slow response - Tarka

My car was in an NCP Garage and rolled down the ramp and hit a stationery vehicle.

I immediately rang my insurance.

They sent a garage to evaluate the cost of repair. I then got called by a loss adjuster saying it wasn't worth repairing and they would give me £2,500. Within an hour, I had a company call me to ask when they could collect the car.

I phoned the insurance company and asked what my options were. They said none, as my car had been written off. But if I wanted to dispute the value, then to send in proof of cars with similar milage/condition from auto trader. They said they would get the person handling my case to call. This was in July. I heard nothing so rang again. i had not received any paperwork at all. Then I recieved a letter saying to send in all my car documents. I called again querying this and asking for an outline of the procedure etc.

Again, I was told to send in proof that there were other cars on the market, smilar to mine for more than £2,500. I emailed the information I had found. When I spoke to the handler he asked me to send photocopies of the car paperwork. I did not hear from the insurance of the damaged car till 4th October. I sent this to the insurance company.

I was told that once they had all the documents they would be in a position to discuss the evaulation. However, they have not given me any clear understanding and then I was told they would send out an other engineer to give an evaluation pre the accident.

i don't understnd how this could work?

Then as I was away until late December, 1st Central Insurance called me and asked if I wanted to keep the car. I was baffled as previously they had stated I had no option. I have repeated asked where I stand in terms of my insurance and next premiums, but I have not been answered. I currently have protected 8 years no claims bonus.

What would you suggest I do and how is hte best way to resolve this issue.

Thank you.