Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - foliage

3rd child on the way so need to get a car which can fit 3 car seats across the back seat. Do small mileage with a lot of short journeys so looking at petrols. Looking at an 06 - 08 car up to 2.0 litre. Anyone have any experience with any of the above cars in petrol form? Particularly interested in experiences people have in the Grande Picasso.

Ta

Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - Avant

I'll second that: the petrol engines in the Verso are too small and underpowered for it, but that 2-litre diesel make it quite lively and good to drive. If I needed an MPV I'd have gone for it.

It's also quite a lot shorter than the S-Max, which woulod be my other pick of this bunch - so it depends on the size of car you need and who's going to occupy the rearmost seats.

Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - Sulphur Man

Whilst you've specified an 06-08 Reg car, might be worth looking at the current Verso, with the 1.8 Variomatic petrol engine and CVT auto gearbox. I spent a day with one and thought it an excellent combination of smoothness, respectable economy (37mpg) and ample performance.

As you're main requirement is for three child seats across the back, Have a look at a Honda FR-V, with 6 full size seats and no impact on the boot space. We went for this after trying various "7 seaters" which are really 5+2 little ones, and little boot space left when you've got 7 on board.

The FR-V is a genius car, couldnt be more pleased. With the flat floor and sliding seats, one can just step into the back and buckle the sprogs into their seats, then step out again. Plus, by folding the front middle seat down, it's easy to reach back and pass things to children in the rear. Whoever designed the FR-V has really studied family car requirements, not just lengthened a 5-seat car into a 7 seat one.

Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - Trilogy

My brother has a 2.0 petrol Grande Picasso. Hopefully I'll speak to him in the next few days.

Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - foliage

Anyone have any experiences of the Grand Picasso? Petrol or Diesel. I read that some of the earlier cars don't have DPFs so that may put the diesel in the mix. Very mixed online reviews so would appreciate any owners feedback.

Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - pugswhdi

Personally, I'd avoid the citroen and I second the need to consider a Honda FRV. We have 3 kids and also very often use the sixth seat. It really does fit 3 child seats across the back seats (not all those you mentioned will) and is a very roomy car inside for a relatively modest footprint. We also do a lot of short urban journeys and aren't too bothered about fuel consumption but the trip computer says around 30mpg average (although I think it's a bit optimistic) for our 1.7 petrol running the a/c all the time. I don't think you can better it for 5/6 seats with a big enough boot for the double buggy etc without buying a much larger car.

The only thing I'd swap our FRV family car for is a newer FRV and next time I'd look for the 1800 engine with automatic gearbox option and leather seats.

Best Petrol 7 Seater? S-Max/G-Picasso/Touran/Verso - Trilogy

Hi foliage,

Apologies for the delay in responding. My brother has a 2.0 petrol, on an 07 plate, bought 18 months ago, from a Citroen dealer. Its now done 30,000 miles and averages 30 mpg. Its been serviced by a Citroen dealer. All has been fine apart from a faulty rear door catch which was sorted under warranty.

Hope that helps.