What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - What is 2.2 diesel found in Mondeo like? - daveyK_UK

Hi,interested in buying friends ex company car, its a.mondeo estate 2.2 175bhp titanium x.good condition on a 58 plate with full history and 12 months MOT.

been told by the fleet company he can have it for £7750.seems a good deal, worth while? Is it a good engine?

Ford Mondeo - What is 2.2 diesel found in Mondeo like? - injection doc

I have had several 2.0tdci & 2.2tdci engines in the Jaguar Xtype. The 2.2 was a cracker of an engine and exceptionally smooth & quiet. It was so full of tourque it was unreal.

I did mega miles with mine as my commute was 242 miles per day and never had a reliability issue at all. Never even had an EGR valve

My Pal had the Mondeo 2.2d but the power delivery was never so refined.

Ford Mondeo - What is 2.2 diesel found in Mondeo like? - daveyjp
The new Mondeo has a PSA engine, this is not the same as fitted to X types. I found the 2.0 PSA diesel very harsh and Mondeo cabin noise was unacceptable.
Ford Mondeo - What is 2.2 diesel found in Mondeo like? - whathaveidone!

hello

good engine lots of torque and good drive

Thanks for the replys. Does the price seem good?

Ford Mondeo - What is 2.2 diesel found in Mondeo like? - BenG

That would depend on the mileage, and how it has been driven (accompany the driver and see how they treat the engine from cold and how they drive generally). Also check all oil changes have been carried out at the correct intervals and not overrun.

Parkers should give you an idea re: secondhand value.

85,000 MILES MAINLY MOTORWAY I NO LONGER HAVE MY DEALER ACCESS TO BCA SITE TO GET AN IDEA ON PRICES

Ford Mondeo - What is 2.2 diesel found in Mondeo like? - BenG

Well Parkers gives prices for 58 plate Titanium X estate 2.2 diesel for an average mileage (30k miles) of:

So depite the mileage it seems pretty cheap to me.

Thank you for your help. I have agreed to the deal and get the car in 2 weeks time.