What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 1.8 diesel - Stuck sump plug - mss1tw

My friend did the plug up with a huge breaker bar mast time (I have warned him about doing this now!) and I can't get the now rounded plug out.

I've tried an impact driver, hammering a smaller socket on, and pipe, mole and Stillson grips.

Any ideas please?!

Ford Fiesta 1.8 diesel - Stuck sump plug - Peter.N.

Weld a large nut over it.

Ford Fiesta 1.8 diesel - Stuck sump plug - bazza

Can you get a ring spanner or moles on it? Very tight? And then tap the spanner very smartly and hard to shock it free. Worth a go.

Tried that bazza - no joy!

I will have to take it somewhere to be welded unfortunately so that is a last resort (But thanks!)

Is drilling out and re-tapping a viable option?

Try filing two flats on the rounded nut and then getting a really tight fitting open ended spanner on it, really sharp tap again. Might take ages to file but I reckon it will work so long as the spanner is tight enough. And also get some blowlamp heat on it, followed by intense cold a few times, plumbers freeze spray or similar. It's a challenge!

Worth a go! I wonder if the blow-torch/freeze spray could crack the sump though?

Ford Fiesta 1.8 diesel - Stuck sump plug - bathtub tom

Pela oil extractor?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pela-Oil-Extractor-6-litre-boat...d

The thought had certainly crossed my mind! Gotta be worth it if a mechanic's bill is going to be more than say £20

I bought one of these as I'm always changing oil and got fed up of scrabbling around underneath. It works a treat, just take the car for a hard drive, get the oil really hot, connect up and make a cup of tea - job done! And yes, it does remove all the oil, have measured it and checked against the spec.