What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 Focus 1.8 TDCI - FRP Sensor change - fastjet6

Hi all, my 2003 Focus 1.8 TDCI 100ps developed a non-start problem, it struggled to start but once it did ran perfectly, this continued for a couple of months until it cut out decelarating into an uphill bend and refused to restart. After looking around here is what i did,

Battery change (was overdue)

Cam + Crank position sensor change

Fuel filter drain, test, new one installed (No sign of metalic particles)

Visual inspection of Looms, Con checks to earth, visual of all fuel lines

Transposed start relays, voltage checks at Eng fuse box

Replaced 2X damaged glow plugs

After all this still a no start so decided to throw it into ford to get live cranking data and codes read, Codes came back as - P2288 Injector control pressure Above Epct. P190 - Fuel rail pressure out of expected range - Ford changed the Fuel metering valve, only difference was me £300 light.

Voltage test at Fuel Rail Pressure sensor showed 5V supply, but 4.63V at the output signal, I thought this was meant to be around 1.5V at cranking before the PCM would allow the injectors to fire as to prevent damage occuring. Ford want £590 to change if and looking at the readout i agree its gubbed, but found one online for £50 and wondering is it a straight one for one exchange, as unable to find a set procedure other than allowing pressure in the system to disipate, then giving it repeated cranks to bleed back through once fitted, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Ian