What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo III 2003 Estate - Ford Mondeo III keys - Sandro

Hi Everyone,

Recently purchased a 2003 Ford Mondeo Estate with only one key.That one key opens the car and starts the car no problems and has a blue tab in a top corner of the key but no fob of any sort to open the car remotely.

Now before i call a Ford dealership on Monday does anyone have any advice on how and what i need to do to obtain a fob to open the vehicle without going throught the dealership?

Thanks for any help and advice

Alex

Ford Mondeo III 2003 Estate - Ford Mondeo III keys - torkielec

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MONDEO-REMOTE-FOB-CASE-KEY-BLADE-BLANK-/260816567942?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3cb9e0fe86#ht_1061wt_905

for the key itself then

• Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
  • Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.
  • During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.
  • Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.

if you go to dealer its about 45 for key then extra to prgram it the key suggested is blank so a local locksmith can copy the one you have, personally have 3 now (ya never know lol)

http://www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm

the site above is fantastic for advice like this and is a voluntary quid donation WELL WORTH IT

Ford Mondeo III 2003 Estate - Ford Mondeo III keys - jc2

Not all cars were fitted with remote locking-depended on level of trim.

Ford Mondeo III 2003 Estate - Ford Mondeo III keys - Sandro
Thankyou everyone for the information which has been very helpful.One person said that keyless entry on my Mondeo may depend on the level of trim?how would i find this out?

thanks again for all your help