What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro DSG - DSG Box - losing reverse gear - Famandy

Occasionally I lose reverse gear on my 2008 Audi A3 Quattro 2.0T DSG. In reverse position the car will not move and will only rev to about 1200rpm. The only way to cure this is to turn the ignition off and re-start the engine. The car is still under warranty and been back to the dealers 3 times, but they cannot find anything wrong, I now have complained to Audi UK who have taken up the case but still want me to take the car back to the local s******s. Any ideas?

2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro DSG - DSG Box - losing reverse gear - daveyjp
Suspect a problem with the mechatronic unit, clutch isn't engaging when you press the gas. V expensive so press dealer until it is fixed. Video the problem if you can to show the dealer, try another dealer too if possible.
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro DSG - DSG Box - losing reverse gear - Famandy

Many thanks - particularly the advice re videoing the problem - never thought of this!