Ford Focus - how to sell faulty car - rkp

Hi, my car Turbo is damaged and costs £1000 to fix it. it is a second hand car and I have spent a lot on it already for repairs. my car warranty company inspected the turbo and said it is damaged due to oil flow interruption to the turbo and since it is not a mechanical failure, they won't pay for it. I recently paid £1400 for head gasket repair and the garage did a poor job and they failed to check the Turbo and I started getting whining noise from the car while driving the car after repair, but they said nothing wrong with what they have done and after driving for around 200 miles Turbo failed and the noise was because of the Turbo. the garage is failing to accept responsibility saying no fault has occurred in what they fixed.

I bought the car for £3600 less than two years back from a dealer and spent nearly £3000 for repairs so far (clutch and dual mass flywheel, head gasket and timing belt and other miscellaneous repairs). I would like to know how much my car is worth now. is it worth selling it after fixing it or just selling it as it is? if I want to sell as it is, how can I do that, because it is not in a driveable state? it is Ford Focus 2003 diesel car and mileage is 71K. I am moving abroad after six months and don't want to make huge investment on another car right now and the problem is if I buy another cheap used car, there is no guarantee that will be a reliable one either, I may have to pay more for repairs if that turns out to be bad and don't want to make the situation worse.

Ford Focus - how to sell faulty car - SteveLee

Is this a 1.6 PSA diesel engined car? They are known for this exact problem if the oil is not changed often enough or the wrong grade used. These Focuses can be very reliable if serviced properly - I suspect it has been neglected.

If you need a reliable car for six months, sell it and buy a small Japanese petrol car, you'd have to be very, very unlucky for something to go wrong with that.

Ford Focus - how to sell faulty car - Hinch

As loing as you point out to any prospective purchaser the defect to the turbo, and you have both signed and have a copy of the sales receipt stating the defect and the car is sold as seen I do not see you have any problem and the new buyer has no comeback to you. Get rid and don't throw good money after bad.

Ford Focus - how to sell faulty car - jamie745

I'd have never spent the original £3000 repairing it, it just isnt worth it. Its not worth spending to fix it as you wont get it back. Just put it on at a real knockdown price, state the fault clearly, anything just to get rid of it. Use whatever you get on some cheap little Japanese car until you move.

Ford Focus - how to sell faulty car - Ben 10

Put it through auction.

Ford Focus - how to sell faulty car - isisalar

If you can drive it at all, take it to webuyanycar.com. They won't drive it, they just send them to auction on a transporter.It,s up to you if you want to declare the fault, they won't declare it to the auction.

Buyer beware.