What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz Auto 2006 - Auto gearbox failure at 54500 miles - Hanwell Nick

Anyone experienced any auto gearbox problems? Also I have been quoted £6500 - 7000 to have the gearbox replaced by Honda. Waiting to hear whether they will offer any goodwill. Thanks for any info. Nick

Honda Jazz Auto 2006 - Auto gearbox failure at 54500 miles - balleballe

Unlucky mate. I wish you all the best

There was a thread on here (quite old now) where a honda autobox failed after around 60k and the car was 6 years old - Honda replace FOC as "our autoboxes shouldnt fail at 60k"

Honda Jazz Auto 2006 - Auto gearbox failure at 54500 miles - balleballe

And here's the thread I was talking about:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=39984

Honda Jazz Auto 2006 - Auto gearbox failure at 54500 miles - madf

From what I have read, gearbox oil has to be changed every 25.000 miles without fail ...and to the correct oil - to avoid failure.

I belive the correct oil to be quite cost.y.

If you have a full Honda sh you may have a chance ... if none and you cannot prove the oil service was done with the correct oil then I suspect tough..

For that replacement cost, buy another and sell orginal for spares. But hopefully it will not come to that.

Honda Jazz Auto 2006 - Auto gearbox failure at 54500 miles - Hanwell Nick

Thanks for the information. Honda offered me a new gearbox at a generous discount. Final cost was £1832 inc labour and vat. Would have cost another 6k if they hadn't helped. Thanks Honda.

Honda Jazz Auto 2006 - Auto gearbox failure at 54500 miles - madf

Hmm

Glad it's sorted.. Sorry about the cost..