What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1999 2.5D Ford Ranger - Alternator Brushes - Sean104

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone have a good lead on where to get replacement brushes for my alternator.

Many thanks.

1999 2.5D Ford Ranger - Alternator Brushes - barkas

Surely your local ford dealer has them or can order them in for you, brush wear is a common prob on the ranger, usually one brush wears right down to the bone while the other remains good due to the heat dissapation along the rotor shaft. I would give your local autoelectric dealer a ring or If you get desperate to find any in the UK, you can order them from NAPA Autoparts in the USA, its a small part so will not be too expensive for postage... part number F424 is the common kit I believe but check up with them first.

Hi barkas,

I tried my Ford dealer and they don't keep and couldn't order in. Seems silly to me but it's probably better for turnover for them in the long run. I will try NAPA again soon, but their website seems to have problems at present. Thanks for the advice and kit number.

Sean

1999 2.5D Ford Ranger - Alternator Brushes - TeeCee

Try Sahib's Auto Electrics on the Hanger Lane Gyratory. Contact details are only a web search away and they're worth a bell.

Hi TeeCee,

I have just put phone down and the have them on the shelf or can make when I get there. Very helpful and very reasonable too. Thanks for the tip, I wil let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Sean

1999 2.5D Ford Ranger - Alternator Brushes - TeeCee

Nice to hear they're still as well stocked and helpful as I remember them being!

They've dug me out of a hole on more than one occasion, once soldering a new rectifier pack into a rare-as-hen's-teeth Lucas alternator while I stood there and watched, all 'cos I'd phoned up and said I needed it that day.

1999 2.5D Ford Ranger - Alternator Brushes - Peter.N.

... otherwise try ebay they have quite a selection.