What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
FORD CMAX 2.0 LTR AUTOMATIC - exmttech

I AM THINKING OF BUYING A 08 REG LOW MILEAGE CMAX 2.0 LTR PETROL AUTOMATIC AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEED BACK OR COMMENTS. REGARDING RELIABILITY / FUEL CONSUMPTION ETC. THANKS.

FORD CMAX 2.0 LTR AUTOMATIC - jamie745

MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO NOT SHOUT WHEN YOU GO IN TO BUY IT

:)

Its a jacked up Focus and theres not much more to it really. Reliability should be good as most of the parts have been fitted to Ford's for quite some time and theres been no major problems. Fuel economy will be so so for a big tall automatic petrol, maybe 30-34ish on a good day.

FORD CMAX 2.0 LTR AUTOMATIC - Collos25

The gearbox is a complete bag of worms unreliable and very expensive to repair hence the very low trade price of this model in fact many traders refuse to handle them I would steer very clear of this model even when running correctly mid 20's is the best you will get round town.The gearbox has since been dropped and replaced with a much more reliable unit

FORD CMAX 2.0 LTR AUTOMATIC - runboy

Sorry to bring back an old post but as I've been looking at these cars I thought I'd share some info I found out. The problematic automatic (I'll never be a poet) was the CVT gearbox fitted for a short while to the diesel engined C-Max. As far as I know the CVT was never mated to the petrol engines, with a conventional auto box fitted and now the introduction of the Powershift dual clutch auto gearboxes.

Anyway, anyone got any updated comments on the C-Max? They seem very good value second hand with a good choice out there, a lot seem to be ex-Motability cars.

FORD CMAX 2.0 LTR AUTOMATIC - thunderbird

Had a 1.6TDCi manual for 5 years before selling it a while ago, one of the best cars we have ever had. In the 5 years other than fuel, tyres and servicing we only had an alternator belt replaced, it had started to crack. The bodywork was still A1 and the interior had held up brilliantly.

runboy is correct, the rubiish auto box was the CVT fitted to 1.6 diesels, 2.0's had a propper auto box.

Economy will never be brilliant ona tall, petrol, 2 litre, auto but most of that applies to all makes and not just a C-Max. Guess 35 mpg would be pushing it overall, quite a bit less in town though.

Have heard ex Motability cars can be hit and miss, some owners abuse them badly since they don't own them and don't have a fleet manager breathing down their necks, others are well looked after, guess its buyer beware.