Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - injection doc

Ford KA named in JD Powers and What car as the worst ! mostly down to poor build quality !

Oh dear !!! Ford

The top ten cars of 2011 are:

1. Lexus IS
2. Honda Accord
3. Lexus RX
4. Honda CR-V
5. Toyota Prius
6. Toyota RAV4
7. BMW 5 Series (tied)
7. Mercedes-Benz E-Class (tied)
7. Volvo S40 (tied)
10. Honda Jazz

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - Bobbin Threadbare

JD Powers give the 2011 Best car Manufacturers as:

1. Lexus

2. Honda

3. Jaguar and also...

=3. Skoda

5. MINI

6. Mercedes-Benz

7. BMW

8. Audi

9. Volvo

10. Alfa Romeo

What's your favourite?

JD Powers give the 2011 Best car Manufacturers as:

1. Lexus

2. Honda

3. Jaguar and also...

=3. Skoda

5. MINI

6. Mercedes-Benz

7. BMW

8. Audi

9. Volvo

10. Alfa Romeo

What's your favourite?
Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - Collos25
You do not believe everything that is produced by JD power or do you.

No - the best car is whatever you enjoy driving, keeps you safe and allows you to stay mobile. I'd have expected VW to get on the list of the average person's perceived quality/reliabilty list, for example. It's still interesting to note what comes up in these lists and watch the market for the brands on there though.

However, I would still like an Alfa one day ;-))

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - Boulder2k9

Wow Alfa Romeo got number 10? Delighted for them, funny that Alfa is higher than VW...

Yes you should own an Alfa someday,wise words!

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - Collos25
There is a new Alfa spyder on our car park this moment on seasonal plates it looks absolutely beautiful.

Wrap that up and post it to me...!

My next car is a either an Alfa or another Mazda MX-5. I cannot decide.

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - Armstrong Sid

Notwithstanding stupid Americans. I'm a bit surprised Toyota don't figure on the manufacturers list.

So are Alfas now reliable and well-built?

I stll have the attitude expressed by Clarkson when he said "You can always tell the people who came to theTop Gear studios in an Alfa,,,,,,,,,they're shattered because they had to walk the last five miles"

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - injection doc
Ford Ka is worst car, say drivers

The Ford Ka has been named the UK's most disappointing car in the huge annual car owner satisfaction survey conducted by JD Power and What Car?.
The first generation Ka, unveiled in 1996, reached iconic status - even though it too finished at the bottom of last year's survey. That was almost excusable, though, because it was over 14 years old and competing with much newer models.
However, this disappointing result relates to the new Ka, launched in 2008. It's the first time the car has appeared in the survey, which was completed by 16,840 owners. The majority of complaints related to poor build quality.
are 16,840 KA owners wrong ?

Alfas have really pulled it up in the past 4/5 years. Indeed, why shouldn't they try and compete with Audi/BMW - they are easily the most attractive and unusual cars on the road and you get quite a lot of kit for your money.

The Ford Ka is one of those horrid little Lego cars - I'd rank it better than the Daewoo Matiz my mum once had (which went as fast as half a rollerskate and with less aerodynamic design) but the urge to spray paint every single one I see bright green and write 'Starbug' on it is sometimes overwhelming.

Definitely go down the Alfa route, choose wisely though some of the newer Alfas are dissapointing! Nothing wrong with a MX-5 but they are so common these days!
Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - jamie745

Alfa's remind me of Sarah Jessica Parker. Not very talented, not all that pretty either tbh and yet manages to skate through life earning lots of money under the fascade of being "fashionable."

Ive never liked Alfa's, that "iconic" front always puts me off.

The Ford Ka (the new one) is very cheap feeling inside, scratchy plastics, average seats etc but Ford has been pushing its overdraft for many years now and something has to be skimped on.

@Jamie745

Do you not have a Ford Scorpio? How does the front of that car not put you off?

Because it doesnt look like a squashed hornet like every Alfa does.

It just looks like a squashed frog... Are you suggesting that the Scorpio is pretty?

The Ford Ka (the new one) is very cheap feeling inside, scratchy plastics, average seats etc but Ford has been pushing its overdraft for many years now and something has to be skimped on.

Indeed. My old Focus was ok, nothing special but it looked tidy and not naff inside. I had to use a brand new Fiesta for a trip up to Sellafield a while ago and it was really cheapo-looking inside. I was quite surprised. I am also mightily glad that I don't have a small car.

The full list ranking begins to look somewhat fixed when cars that are virtually the same are so widespread in the list. I guess Toyota has a better perceived 'quality' than Peugeot.

Ive spoken about Ford's current downfalls on here before, that they get rave reviews for their "driving feel" but the build quality of the vehicle and cheap feel to them is always overlooked and that although i like Ford and always have done, i dont see why the new range of Ford's gets such rave reviews. You can almost tell when Ford's bank balance collapsed. Go get a Mk3 Mondeo from about ten years ago, when Ford was a company buying other car companies, and it was a well built car which covered almost every angle, even if the engine wasnt the most up to date. Fast forward to now, Ford is a company selling its car companies off quickly, and the engines are decent and the driving quality is ok but everything else has gone to hell.

And yes i do think the Scorpio is a nice looking car actually, i think it was ahead of its time when it came out and doesnt look anywhere near as controversial now. Although i dont actually drive it, its still awaiting its MOT, i drive a 406 Executive which nobody is calling ugly :)

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - WellKnownSid

So, how come the FIAT 500 did so well at joint 53rd?

The Fiat 500 is essentially the same car as the Ford Ka. Same underpinnings, same construction, the difference is the Fiat has a pretty face and "fashionable street cred" which makes notting hill ponces want to buy them.

And what's this all about...?

• 43= Toyota Aygo
  • 92 Citroen C1
  • 98 Peugeot 107

I rest my case m'lud!

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - unthrottled

Whoops!

It's like one of those blind tasting events where the participants aren't told that three of the wines are the same and subsequently make themselves look rather silly.

Three nearly identical cars all with different badges, the Toyota comes 40 odd places higher than two French cars. Its like when you take a pair of asda trousers and write Gucci in them or something they suddenly cost 50 times more and are perceived as better.

The power of the brand may be part of it, but in all seriousness it must raise questions about the survey methods!
Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - xtrailman

I cant remember the last time i filled in the jd survey.

But when i did the questions didn't make any sense.

I now take the results with a pinch of salt.

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - Auristocrat

The survey was split into four sections: vehicle quality and reliability; vehicle appeal; service satisfaction; and, ownership costs. So it is probable that cars which are ultimately the same could score differently when one looks at the varying dealer experiences, etc. Also in relation to the Aygo/C1/107, there are differences in the qualility control checks that Toyota and PSA adopt at the joint venture plant.

An instance was recently highlighted on the Toyota Owners Club, where there was a problem with thickness of some front right hand cross members - Toyota was carrying out remedial work at the factory, PSA were relying on the dealer network picking up any problems.

The JD Power write up for the C1 mentioned that 'owners were unimpressed with the quality of the servicing'. For the 107, 'owners complained about Peugeot's high servicing and repair costs, and servicing facilities generally.'

Whereas the write up for the Aygo read - ' Not much went wrong with the Aygo, but when problems did arise - usually water leaking into the car or an issue with the glovebox - Toyota dealers carried out repairs a high standard in pleasant service centres populated by helpful and courteous staff.'

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - xtrailman

Perhaps the survey would serve the public better by producing four section winners.

With my last xtrail i used the Doncaster dealer for services, the service was pathetic, and dishonest.

I would have marked them 1 for service.

With my latest T31, i now use the Sheffield dealer, what a contrast, marks out off ten would be 10. And you even get a free drink!

The Doncaster dealer offered only WATER!.

For me reliability is a must have, top of the list, then yes its good to have a well put together car.

But i would never buy a Xtrail for its looks, nor a CRV, which i note is in the top ten.

It matters not what a car looks like, drives like, or which badge it wears, if its broke down on the motorway hard shoulder, it simply becomes a pile of scrap metal.

So lets just have a reliability survey, as dealers vary in my experience. And whats car looks got to do with anything?

Just my thoughts, don't expect anyone to agree.

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - 1litregolfeater

ok if you believe everything you read or hear and/or watch bbc1 top gear

Ford KA - Worst car named as new Ford KA - captain chaos

Strange though how poor survey ranking/reliability doesn't seem to affect resale values?