What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
any car - Tyre puncture repair - Chris S

There is a screw through my tyre about 1cm from the shoulder. Is it too near to be patched?

any car - Tyre puncture repair - Railroad.

Very difficult to say without seeing it. Sidewall punctures cannot be repaired, whilst those on the tread area usually can. You will need to remove the tyre and inspect the inside before you can really decide whether or not it can be safely repaired.

any car - Tyre puncture repair - dieselnut

If you look down towards the end of this post http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=60959

you can see that even some sidewall punctures can be repaired, so yours should be no trouble as long as you can find a competent repairer, as may need to be vulcanised.

any car - Tyre puncture repair - sb10

Any repair to a tyre isnt really recommended as the tyre is damaged, which no repair can fix

I had 4 punctures in 2 months last october november but rather than repair them I bought new ones.....better safe than sorry IMO

any car - Tyre puncture repair - piston power

Any repair to a tyre isnt really recommended as the tyre is damaged, which no repair can fix

Complete rubbish.!!

Tyres can be repaired perfectly safe with plug patches glued in place sealing the hole to stop water damage to the cords.

In the days gone by some 20 years ago now i was repairing tyres then and they had inner tubes fitted those were not the best to repair but the tyre was, the tube had tube patches stuck on it like you would on a bike.

Tubes were fitted when alloy wheel beads would not seal due to corrosion and no amount of wire brushing cured the faults then, but today things are different much better quality.

I wouldn't want a side wall repair today but with my tyre machine i still repair those in the family with plug patches no problem.

any car - Tyre puncture repair - sb10

I remember the days of repairing punctures I`ve done enough over the years,but I have never trusted them,our roads now are so bad I really wouldnt trust a repair on a tyre and as for tread repairs I see no difference as the tyre flexes about so much if not more than the sidewall

But thats my opinion, every one else does as they please

any car - Tyre puncture repair - gsb

Sidewall repair by http://www.protyre.co.uk/faqsdesc.aspx?id=4