What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1997 Ford Mondeo - Changing R/Cassette for CD player - jakibell

Hi All, I have just joined the site and think its great. I was wondering if anyone could advise me about changing the radio cassette ( its a Ford factory fitted ) for a standard Ford CD/radio. How difficult is it ? can I do it my self or will it be very expensive. I was hoping that the later model Modeo CD player would slot straight in but I suppose I am dreaming lol

1997 Ford Mondeo - Changing R/Cassette for CD player - ddr

Don't see why it shouldnt be a straight swap. You need to get the removal tool off ebay - couple of quid.

1997 Ford Mondeo - Changing R/Cassette for CD player - Ethan Edwards

Or you could use a wire coat hanger. Cut the ends off with pliers, bend to fit. Cost zero.

Radio slips out. Unplug at back, slot new one in then enter the code. Time elapsed five minutes. Ebay is a great source of used Ford radio's (with code) but buy only from a seller with good feedback to ensure it's legit (well do your best).

Did that on my old S reg Mondeo. I think it was a RDS 6000 radio (from memory) and the whole swap cost me under £30 - once I sold on the old fully working Radio/ Cassette also on Ebay.

Bangernomics...great fun.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 13/05/2011 at 16:49

1997 Ford Mondeo - Changing R/Cassette for CD player - jakibell

Thanks very much for your very help

I am very happy to hear that its not gonna cost an arm and a leg for a change and something I can do myself

I will have a scout round in a couple of weeks when I have more funds. At the moment its in the garage being looked at for something else.

Theres a strange noise coming from either the front or rear drivers side suspension. I suspect its a spring related prob, but we will see when I get the bill lol - Once again many thanks J