What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - oil sump fault - me...

my engine malfunction light came on today so i called the aa , they found the car had no oil ( dip stick was completely dry ) we topped the oil up but it did not register. any ideas anyone ??

Ford Fiesta - oil sump fault - SteveLee

You obviously didn't top it up enough then - I 'd say sell the car before it blows up - no better still, keep the car and let it blow up on you for being such a careless operator.

If the question was "I didn't brush my teeth for 40 years and they fell out - can I sue the water board for not putting fluoride in the water?" would you expect a sympathetic answer?

Ford Fiesta - oil sump fault - ddr

Is your dipstick broken?

Ford Fiesta - oil sump fault - unthrottled

Is it the right dipstick? If the original has been lost, it could have been replaced with another one which is the wrong length. This is important as having too much oil is almost as bad as not having enough. The only real way to test it is to drain the sump and replace the oil with the amount specfied in the handbook. If it doesn't register on the dipstick then the dipstick is wrong-assuming it isn't pouring out somewhere!!