What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Galaxy - In defence of accident managment companies - dieseldogg

When our Galaxy, a 7 seat, group 12 insurance, vehicle was much newer we were hit in the rear 3 times by other vehicles.

On each occasion when I contacted the insurance about a replacment car I was offered a Renault Clio, 107 or Corsa.

I attempted to explain that we drove a seven seater because we needed one and had been paying higher insurance for the priveledge of doing so.

Without avail in the first two instances.

In the third case I "blew it" and suggested I would use "Three Arrows" which I think were one of the first of these companies.

Which got us a thirsty petrol C8, from the insurer.

So if the insurance companies had been better/ more upfront about providing a "like for like" vehicle these accident managment companies would never have got off the ground.

Yes?

Edited by dieseldogg on 09/05/2011 at 10:34

Ford Galaxy - In defence of accident managment companies - wazza

I used to have a mpv Mazda 5. When involved in an accident i was given a Seat Ibiza. I was told the repair would be done in a week so thought i can bear with it. When i was told later it would take 5 weeks i rang the insurers and was given a Zafira.

I agree with you that insurers should provide you a car in the same class.