2011 s max 7 seater - third row seating--suitable for babies - ardnas

can my kids travel in the rear 2 seats in child seats legally and can the kids sit on their own child seats in the centre seat of the middle row legally thnks

2011 s max 7 seater - third row seating--suitable for babies - LucyBC

You need to check that there are Isofix points on the middle row for the model. As long as the straps are OK then you can use the rear seats in this way. However it is well worth getting a pro to show you how to fit the seats as they are often incorrectly fitted and if not correctly fitted can offer minimal support or safety levels for your grandchildren.

2011 s max 7 seater - third row seating--suitable for babies - RT

There are plenty of baby seats available which don't need to use the Isofix points but are restrained by the adult seat belt. These can be used in any seat where there's an adult lap/strap belt.

2011 s max 7 seater - third row seating--suitable for babies - LucyBC

True enough but most people fix childseats incorrectly and the Isofix system reduces the chances of error.

2011 s max 7 seater - third row seating--suitable for babies - ablandy
Yes, but that not what the op was asking. The age of the child is relevant, but if you check out britax website ( the child seat co.) that will list what seats are suitable for child seats for each make and model of car, which will give you a a general indication. I suspect the smax rear row would not be suitable unless the child is using a booster, so from the age of about 4 I think. The middl row of 3 should be fine.