Mini Cooper S convertible - Part exchange - trading down - ruthiebabeuk

Hello there everyone... :)

I'm going to be selling my Mini Cooper S convertible soon, to be replaced with a Fiat 500, mostly because the day-to-day running costs of the Mini are proving to be a lot.

I'm not keen on selling my car privately, although I know I would probably get a better price for it.

How many dealers are prepared to part-ex on a car that's worth more than the car they're selling?

Any thoughts very gratefully received :)

Mini Cooper S convertible - Part exchange - trading down - Craigdm
Good timing!
Yesterday I sorted out a deal to px my 1 year old ix35 for a brand new juke. Basically my monthy payment goes down to £150 and the dealer gives me £1500 cash back as my ix35 is worth more than the new juke.
Mini Cooper S convertible - Part exchange - trading down - jc2

A dealer will do it if he can see a profit on the deal.

Mini Cooper S convertible - Part exchange - trading down - Ethan Edwards

Those Cooper S' get dreadful mpg. Is it the fuel thats the problem or the VED? If it's the former I reckon they'd convert to LPG a treat. You lose the boot space but gain half price motoring.

An option to consider.

Mini Cooper S convertible - Part exchange - trading down - unthrottled

Not a lot of boot space to start with in a compact convertible. Finding LPG can be a bit of a chore too.

It's usually possible to tease semi decent fuel economy from a small modern car-although some will require more care than others.

Virtually any car can have it's mileage pushed into the teens with hard driving.

Change the car if you prefer the 500. Economically, there probably isn't much in it. The dealer's margin will pay for a lot of fuel.