What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Chevrolet Epica vcdi - tyre wear - oldroverboy

Is it me or are tyres wearing easier nowadays, Or is it because of heavier front end on diesel engined car? Just changed two front tyres at 16200 miles because worn to 2mm even wear over surfaces , tracking checked when purchased Aug 2011 @ 7000 miles, tracking again laser checked and still in tolerances. tracking checked free at national tyres, where i got good services as usual,£125 for both all inclusive, a very competitive price. fitted Barum Bravuris 2's as got one already for full sized spare.

Happy motoring

Chevrolet Epica vcdi - tyre wear - oldroverboy

sorry meant purchased August 2010. ooops, would that mean it'd been clocked backwards?

Chevrolet Epica vcdi - tyre wear - Dutchie

Not many items are made to last these days this suppose to keep the economy turning.

Are there any test regarding tyre wear of all the different compounds of rubber ?Tyres are tested for handling in the wet or dry and braking distances.Which are the best quality tyres like for like price wise any experts?

Chevrolet Epica vcdi - tyre wear - davmal
Tyres have a tread wear rating embossed. Not sure, but I believe that this isn't for the EU market, but it means something to someone (possibly the septics).
The number is a relative assessed wear rating, to a datum of a tyre, rated at 100.