What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi A4 Avant - Falken Tyres - Roly93

Has anyone else had experience of these. I've experimented with just about everything out of the 'usual' brands, but I have to say that thes Falken 912's I have just had fitted are superb.

Noise and Handling in the dry are as good as any Continental or Goodyear I have seen and much better than Dunlops or Avons. The wet handling is at least a high average, and they wer about £30 each cheaper than some other more well known brands.

Audi A4 Avant - Falken Tyres - oldtoffee

That's interesting to hear as I had seriously considered these (ZE912) for my Subaru and you're right the price is much lower than the popular premium brands. I ended up with Pirelli P7s having been somewhat discouraged by various test results on the Falkens in the wet and noise tests. I paid less at my local ATS than the best on-line price but still markedly more than the Falkens. If I find the P7s noisy and lousy in the wet, I'll be less than impressed with my research ;-)

Audi A4 Avant - Falken Tyres - ST Driver

I had Falken 452s and whilst they were great brand new after a few thousand miles I found them very unpredictable in the wet. I haven't used the ZE912s though.

Audi A4 Avant - Falken Tyres - primeradriver

I've used Falken 952 also, and like the Toyo T1-R they seemed to be a top-class tyre to me. I've not noticed any issue with wet grip, although I always replace before 3mm so that may have something to do with it.

Conversely, I've had P7s and was less than impressed -- these become very skittish below 4mm. They were also horrendous in snow. You pays your money and you takes your choice...

The 912s are cheaper than the 952s I believe as well -- so I'll give them a go some time.

Edited by primeradriver on 09/03/2011 at 22:35

Audi A4 Avant - Falken Tyres - Marc4Six

I have Falken FK452s fitted to the rear of my car, at least as good as the Dunlop 9000s they replaced. Have about 10000 miles on them now and not experienced any drop off in performance wet or dry. Big decision when I need four new tyres at the end of the year, whether to fit Falkens all round or splash out on premium tyres at +50% to the cost.

Highly recommended on BMWland as a low cost high performance tyre. I believe they are considered a premium tyre in some countries and priced accordingly, but largely unknown in the UK and a bit of a bargain. Camskill.co.uk has good prices on both the FK452s and ZE912s.