What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mazda 3 Sport 2007 - 'Door open' warning light on and central l - mastiles

Just got the car back from its service and the 'door open' warning light was on the dashboard despite all doors and boot being securely shut. I decided to drive home and treble check things there but, on getting home, the central locking wouldn't operate either - so it is sat there now open (I could manually lock all doors but that is a faff).

I have no idea what the garage could have done to trigger this, other than the grease used to lubricate the locks has perhaps got into the circuitry (the car appears to have the 'closed doors' sensors on the actual locking mechanism rather than the usual pin switches.

All this just months after a DCS problem cost me ££££££££s and just had a service/MOT which cost further £££££££££££s

Anyone had this before and can offer any solutions?

Mazda 3 Sport 2007 - 'Door open' warning light on and central l - elekie&a/c doctor

Perhaps the bonnet is not shut properly?

Good point - it APPEARS to be shut but maybe it hasn't quite caught - I shall check.

Good point - it APPEARS to be shut but maybe it hasn't quite caught - I shall check.

Right - checked the bonnet and it isn't that - going back to the garage - I am sure they have got grease where they shouldn't have.

Mazda 3 Sport 2007 - 'Door open' warning light on and central l - Falkirk Bairn

A few years back I had a "car door open" light on whilst in first 12 months of warranty. Garage replaced all door switches, looked at wiring, connections to hatchback etc - all to no avail.

Turned out a software upgrade applied for another reason (Wipers that would not switch off and park) eliminated the red warning sign - never found out the cause - car was sold 2/3 years later.

Are these the most useless Japanese car made in recent history? I so hope it isn't software related :-(

Wel we took the car back to the garage and somehow (the garage admit they don't know how) they got it working again.

Today three of the electric windows have stopped working (and no, it isn't the safety lock - I checked that straight away).

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well had the car back n again and it turns out to be a faulty connection somewhere in the fusebox - it was disturbed when they fitted the pollen filter.

So it needs a fix still but hpoing it can be repaired rather than need a new fusebox.