What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.3 T Reg - Fuse Problem - nicki1978

Hi Peps;

It appears that I have a fuse problem with my car...................

it started out on Monday and all my dashboard lights, centre console lights and parking lights went out (except for clock) and yesterday the tail lights went out and refuse to work (except the reversing light and breaklights).

We have checked all the fuses in the central fuse box and the fuse box under the bonnet and all seem okay and the only other conclusion we can come up with is all the bulbs have failed, but this just seems unrealistic for them all to go like that..

We are hoping to get it sorted without resorting to taking it to the garage as the labour costs will be ridiculous.

Many thanks in advance for all your advice.

Please please please can someone help direct us?

Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.3 T Reg - Fuse Problem - elekie&a/c doctor
I would hazard a guess that you have a problem with the rotary lighting switch on the end of indicator stalk.Try moving the switch from off to on in quick succession to see if this restores operation.Very common fault on these.hth

thank you, i'll give this a go :-)

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for your help, my husband took the whole unit apart to see if he could find problem, but couldn't. So he fitted an external switch to allow me to at least have lights until I get a new unit.

Many thanks. nic x