vw polo 1.4 - recall on polo 1.4 60 reg - lucyparker

I bought a new vw polo 1.4 60 reg in October 2010, since then I've had two recalls on it. One for a coolant problem and the latest one is software. I took the car into the vw dealership on Tuesday 18th January to have the software problem fixed, I was told it would take an hour. I then received a phonecall to say the car had overheated and they would need to replace the head gasket so I wouldnt be able to pick it up till Thursday 20th January. It is now the 23rd January and I'm still being told that the car is not ready to be collected. I feel I am being messed around, do you have any advice? Thanks
vw polo 1.4 - recall on polo 1.4 60 reg - Collos25

Have they given you a courtesy car?

vw polo 1.4 - recall on polo 1.4 60 reg - lucyparker

Yes I requested one on Friday.

vw polo 1.4 - recall on polo 1.4 60 reg - Red Baron

Yikes!!!

So the garage did something that caused the car to overheat????!?!!?!? Demand to know what exactly happened...did they idle it too long to prove out the new software? was there a problem with the software that caused the overheat? was the correct software installed? was there an inherent problem with the engine (hence the recall and the attempt to cure it with software) and the software 'fix' now does not work?

If you are intending to keep the car I would seriously be asking VW to extend the warranty and provide you with written admission of the overheat. Because if something happens in the future...madam, you must have abused the engine as it appears to have overheated...you will need to show evidence that it wasn't you.

Good luck

Red Baron

vw polo 1.4 - recall on polo 1.4 60 reg - bathtub tom

>>I then received a phonecall to say the car had overheated and they would need to replace the head gasket

Are the garage admitting responsibility, or are they saying there's something in the codes and you could be responsible for the cost of this work?