What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci - Noises on cold start up - siobhans-dad

Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci makes grating noises on cold start up from top left of engine. The noise goes after about 3 minutes and sounds fine after that. Any ideas ?

Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci - Noises on cold start up - injection doc

very difficult to comment without hearing the noise, i would recommend you ask for expert advice from a garage. This may mean leaving it overnite. It could just be a noisey belt creaking when cold or a tensioner but I would advise you get it checked, alternativley try some talcom powder on the poly belt, sprinkle some on the belt & run for a few seconds then leave overnite & try in the morning. If there is no noise you will know its the belt. otherwise get it checked out.

Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci - Noises on cold start up - siobhans-dad

very difficult to comment without hearing the noise, i would recommend you ask for expert advice from a garage. This may mean leaving it overnite. It could just be a noisey belt creaking when cold or a tensioner but I would advise you get it checked, alternativley try some talcom powder on the poly belt, sprinkle some on the belt & run for a few seconds then leave overnite & try in the morning. If there is no noise you will know its the belt. otherwise get it checked out.

Thanks for the advice......took it back to the Ford garage I bought it from and they replaced the cam belt and tensioners under warrenty......all quite now. Well done Portslade Ford.