What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugot 1007 - Larger sized car with sliding driver's door - jbib

I like the idea of the 1007's sliding driver's door but does anyone know of a larger car with one?

I'm thinking Mondeo sized.

I've found this list on this site of cards with sliding doors, but, except for the 1007, they are all rear doors:

• Peugeot 1007
    Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner
    Mazda 5
    Citroen C8/Pug 807/Fiat Ulysee
    Kia Sedona
    VW Caravelle
    Mercedes Viano
    Hyundai i80
Peugeot 1007 - Larger sized car with sliding driver's door - Bilboman

I've had a good search and it's down to vans, notably the Sherpa (now LDV) Post Office van of yore or equivalent Transits etc.

The 1007's electric sliding doors proved hopeless when parked on inclines as the doors wouldn't close "uphill" or open "downhill". Manual sliding front doors were, sadly, never developed, unlike gullwing doors, which seem to be making a comeback, and the odd drop-down one (BMW Z1), or even this utterly wacky down-and-under one on the prototype Lincoln Mk VIII which, predictably, never took off: tinyurl.com/68ronw8

Hope that helps!

Peugeot 1007 - Larger sized car with sliding driver's door - jc2

Transit and Bedford vans had them back in the 60/70's;it was very pleasant (but not safe)to be able to drive with them open.They did have a catch to keep them in the open position so you could brake without losing your elbow.

Peugeot 1007 - Larger sized car with sliding driver's door - jbib
jc2, Don't think my door had a catch! I worked as an occassional van-boy in the rag trade in East London. I sat, half-out of the van, with my shoulder holding the door open and my feet on the windscreen pillar - crazy days!
Peugeot 1007 - Larger sized car with sliding driver's door - jbib

Bilboman, thanks for the info. So it's a clapped out red Sherpa or Eddie Irvine's Z1 (tinyurl.com/6aw2ldc) - (insert link doesn't seem to work for me)
Not spoilt for variety, am I.