What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volkswagen Passat S 1.9 TDI 98R - Not able to get any speed up, no acceleration - ellectrastar

When driving my car I'm not able to accelerate as I used to. I can put my foot right to the floor and it doesn't go any faster. Going up hills is a very slow process!

We contacted our usual mechanic and they said it sounded like the turbo had gone on the vehicle and that they wouldn't be able to do anything. We don't really want to take it to a main dealer as it's obviously not worth a great deal and don't want to pay more than it's value repairing it!

I've tried to find out what the problem may be and the general consensus seems to relate to the MAF sensor. Would this be what the mechanic meant by the turbo going? I can't imagine that the turbo as a whole has just disappeared and can't be fixed by replacing a component?

Volkswagen Passat S 1.9 TDI 98R - Not able to get any speed up, no acceleration - injection doc

The vacum pipes to the turbo must be checked & live data on the MAF needs to be read as these are quite problomatic