Reliable runabout for Gladys? - tdc

Xmas greetings everyone!

Ok my old aunt isn`t really called Gladys but she would like a narrower car to make parking and getting in&out of vehicle easier in her garage.Plan B is to win the pools/lotto and build a bigger garage.Also don`t think Santa can squeeze a prefab kit in his sack(Trade unions+H&S),so plan A is to find a reliable narrower car than her 2007 fez-bomb.She`s not a fan of the Micra`s looks but did mention Kia,don`t think she wants anything too small.Assume she would buy newish previously owned or new.I haven`t had time to go around supermarket car-parks with a tape measure so has anyone any ideas please?

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - Vitesse6

Chevrolet Matiz are nice and narrow and also a little bit higher which makes for easy access.

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - Dutchie

Fiat Panda narrow easy gearchange nice to drive proven mechanics four doors.Not a bad looking little car either.

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - madf

Agree with Matiz. 5 metre turning circle makes parking a doddle. Watch VED though.

My wife has one and finds it very easy to drive..

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - nortones2

If the choice of Gladys reflects a Welsh connection, the Gilbern ( Llantwit Fardre, the Rhondda) might appeal. Maybe not, on reflection....

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - SteveLee

+1 for the Fiat Panda - fabulous car. Narrow, reliable, frugal and nice to drive with a slightly higher than average seating position..

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - gordonbennet

Another vote for Matiz, which incidentally comes with a controllable proper automatic gearbox if so desired, Kia Picanto, Suzuki Alto.

107/C1/Aygo 5 door (auto not nice).

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - 1litregolfeater

She'll never be a Corsa gril as they're ridiculously wide and the mirrors make it even wider , might as well get an MX5!

and why not

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - Glenn 42

Suzuki Splash, tall, narrow and easy to get in and out of.

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - carl_a

GO for Panda, Splash or Hyundai i10 avoid the Matiz, cheap but poor quality and crash performance.

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - yokel38

Deffo the Hyundai i10 - it's a well built, and uber reliable. And thats coming from a Toyota man....

Reliable runabout for Gladys? - tdc

Thanks everyone and happy new year,plenty food for thought there.Based on the above suggestions,will do my due diligence in the new year and pass info onto aunty,posting any further questions she has.