Ford C-MAX 2006 (silver) - Broken door mirror - Jever

Following a recent disagreement with a concrete post in an underground car park, I now have a broken door mirror on my Ford C-Max.

I'm thinking about trying to repair it myself, (I only want to replace the glass) but it looks like the glass is attached by wires to the rest of it.

I've had a look at replacements on the internet and it appears that you can only buy the whole unit, which may need colour matching to the car.

My questions are:

Is it possible to just replace the glass mirror?

If not, will I need to get the primed part of the replacement unit sprayed, or can I use the silver part of the existing unit?

Also, are there any instructions published on the internet to help me do the replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ford C-MAX 2006 (silver) - Broken door mirror - elekie&a/c doctor

I,m sure you can buy just the glass from Ford.I have recently replaced one on a focus .About £25 with heating element.If more than the glass is broken ,then you will need a complete unit ,but it comes minus the colour coded backing ,which can be transfered from old mirror.hth

Ford C-MAX 2006 (silver) - Broken door mirror - Singlish

I'm sure you can buy just the glas from your Ford dealer, (They will probably have to order it). In my wife's 2003 Fiesta the glass unclipped from the plastic backing body, which contained the heating element, the repair was entirely successful.

I believe if you needed to buy the whole unit, the outer shell can be purchased separately, and can be ordered according to colour (Moondust Silver) is commen!

Haynes probably dont do a manual for the C-Max but you could try borrowing a manual for a different Ford of the same age, wing mirrors will be very similar.

Singlish

Ford C-MAX 2006 (silver) - Broken door mirror - bathtub tom

You may well be able to buy the mirror glass with just an adhesive backing. It won't be as efficient (if the heating still works).

Have a look on e-bay and try your local motor factors.