Mercedes Benz M Class 270 CDI Manual - Gearbox and transmission lubricants - TweedleDee

I would like to change the oil in the gearbox, transfer box and 2 diffs on the above car .It is 8 years old and has covered 75K. I cannot find any information on the grades and capacities for this car does nobody change these oils in this day and age, Years ago Casrol used to supply a chart giving all this gen for most vehicles. Thanks Tweedle Dee

Mercedes Benz M Class 270 CDI Manual - Gearbox and transmission lubricants - injection doc

my advice would be to go to Mercedes and obtain the correct oil rather than rely on an aftermarket chart.

It may be cheaper to buy aftermarket but how cheap is cheap if you get the wrong oil & shorten the life of a component?

Mercedes Benz M Class 270 CDI Manual - Gearbox and transmission lubricants - madf

Ask at

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Mercedes Benz M Class 270 CDI Manual - Gearbox and transmission lubricants - TweedleDee

Thanks for your advice and I agree but I live on the Isle of Wight where we have I Mercedes dealer and from my experience over 20 years I have to be really desperate to go there. TweedleDee