fiesta x reg 1.6 zetec s - changed engine wont start?? - oakleydude

in need of help, i changed my fiesta x reg 1.6 zetec s engine with same engine just newer 03 out of focus ? its all installed every thing plugged on and turn the key no spark just turning over ? tried everything i can and need some advice to find out if i'm missing anything that might cause this problem ? even had it on a diagnostic machine but not helped as of yet ? please get in touch if can help . .

fiesta x reg 1.6 zetec s - changed engine wont start?? - madf

Have you changed the ECU?

fiesta x reg 1.6 zetec s - changed engine wont start?? - oakleydude

Have you changed the ECU?

no the ecu has not been changed ? as it would have shown a fault on the diagnostic computer? it gave me code (p0320 ignition engine speed input circuit malfuntion) no pulse from tdc sensor circuit ? have tested the wires for circuit break etc and am at a loss because cant find the fault lol

fiesta x reg 1.6 zetec s - changed engine wont start?? - piston power

If the engine is the same and not totally different plugs i see no need in changing the ecu it just like taking out a plug and refitting it.

Does this engine crank over?

Is there a spark?

Do you have fuel wet plugs?

Id check all connections and make sure you have a good earth also check fuses very easily to short out when putting wires back on and a simple fuse can just be the problem.

Just seen you have no spark deffo check fuses then check for a feed to coil unit.

Edited by bigtee on 07/11/2010 at 11:03

I recall there was an engine upgrade 2002/3... with different power and ECU settings...

fiesta x reg 1.6 zetec s - changed engine wont start?? - Collos25

You are correct whether this will stop it starting I would not know but the chances are it will.Car electronics are so complex changing engines like the old days is no longer a simple project.

Engine from Focus into Fiesta as well. Bound to be some changes if only immobiliser...