What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Saloon LX reg july 2000 (W Reg) - Leafs ( or debris) in Ford Fiesta Fan/Blower - KenC

My wife has a lovely litle Fiesta ( with aircon) it has a annoying problem. When the blower fan is switched on there is the sound of what sounds like broken or dried leaves moving about behind the dashboard behind the radio. I have tried blowing them out with the fan on full (diffrents positions) but this has not worked.

Please can anyone point me towards a remedy ?

Edited by KenC on 07/10/2010 at 16:15

Ford Fiesta Saloon LX reg july 2000 (W Reg) - Leafs ( or debris) in Ford Fiesta Fan/Blower - elekie&a/c doctor

You will need to remove the cabin/pollen filter first.Located at rear of engine bay,passenger side ,below windscreen.There is a plastic "letter box " flap that hinges to allow the filter to slde out.No tools reqd.Next you will need to remove the fan blower motor which is located behind the glovebox and access is from the footwell passenger side.Once these items are out the way,you should be able to remove any debris/leaves that are trapped in the air intake housing.hth

Ford Fiesta Saloon LX reg july 2000 (W Reg) - Leafs ( or debris) in Ford Fiesta Fan/Blower - KenC

hello thank you for the advice,

I have found the cabin/pollen filter and the location of the fan blower motor behind the glovebox.I can see the intake from the cabin/pollen filter leading onto what is probably the fan blower body ( plus a couple of electrical connection plugs)

There does not seem much room behind the glovebox ( which appears to be in integral part of the dashboard and not removable) I am wondering if you know what type of

fittings/fixings that have to be removed ( and how many) in order to remove the fan blower motor ?

thank you ..any further advice very welcome

Ford Fiesta Saloon LX reg july 2000 (W Reg) - Leafs ( or debris) in Ford Fiesta Fan/Blower - tdc

If you have the type of vacuum cleaner with which you can swap the function from suck to blow(as I do with mine to inflate the pool in summer)then blow them back out by opening&closing random vents.Get someone to stick their head under the bonnet wearing some eye protection to confirm leaf evacuation.

Hello I have tried the vaccum cleaner ( with narrow pipe taped onto the end) unfortunately it has not helped at all.

I am still wondering does anyone have any knowledge or experience of removing the fan blower from inside the vehicle ? the Fiesta has aircon and I doubt it is practicable to access thre fan blower from under the bonnet any suggestions are welcome (sensible )

I thank you all