What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Congestion Charge order of recovery - mbmb11

I have a question, and am hoping anyone can help as im now worried sick.

Our car is registered in my partners name, and last year i went through the congestion zone without paying the charge.

I wrote to them back and forth as for about a year now as i initially didnt get the letter fining me, so after about 6 months wrangling they offered a reduced settlement of 60 pounds, however i lost my job and simply couldnt afford 60 pounds out of 45 a week to live on.

They went ahead and got an order for recovery. Theyve now frozen the account for a few weeks to give me time to pay, but ive got 3 days left to pay them 180 pounds or it goes to the baliffs.

Ive lost my job, and cannot pay this. They wouldnt let me pay by installments and im completely worried sick. Is there any advice on what i can do?

Im not looking for sympathy or anything, just any advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation please? Many thanks

Ford Focus - Congestion Charge order of recovery - LucyBC
Pay what you can to show willing - needs to be a credible amount - not just £5 or so - I would suggest £40 minimum. Then clear the rest as quickly as you can so as to give everyone the clear indication that you are attempting to deal with it.