What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mk 1 Honda CR-V - Mk1 Honda CR-V boot capacity.Flat fold rear seats? - gjf72

Hi everyone

If anyone owns a Mk 1 1997 -2001/2 Honda CR-V, please can you tell me the boot capacity with seats up and seats down?

Also, whether the rear seats fold flat?

I'm looking to use this vehicle to transport a drum kit around and also use for camping trips.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Mk 1 Honda CR-V - Mk1 Honda CR-V boot capacity.Flat fold rear seats? - Stropley

Autotrader say 444 litres with seats down.

I've had 2 of these a few years back and remember taking a family of 5 camping in them with no bother. The glass opens on its own allowing you to stuff the lower half of the boot to bursting point, close the tailgate then fill the rest through the window - brilliant.

From memory the seat backs just drop forward so not a completely flat floor.

I loved mine and just reading this has got me looking through the classifieds for another!

Mk 1 Honda CR-V - Mk1 Honda CR-V boot capacity.Flat fold rear seats? - gjf72

Autotrader say 444 litres with seats down.

I've had 2 of these a few years back and remember taking a family of 5 camping in them with no bother. The glass opens on its own allowing you to stuff the lower half of the boot to bursting point, close the tailgate then fill the rest through the window - brilliant.

From memory the seat backs just drop forward so not a completely flat floor.

I loved mine and just reading this has got me looking through the classifieds for another!

Sounds fantastic. I get the impression you were very happy with the CR-V.

I think I'll have to go and view one. I'm wondering if I can get a double air mattress in the back with the seats down and use a caranex or OzTent attached.